Sunday, April 12, 2009

Addicted to Dance

BYU had their Ballroom Dance Concert this weekend. All those who know that I was very involved in their program asked me if I attended. I didn't go. I couldn't stand to. Ever since I had to leave Provo and get more involved in the career of my choosing, I have been lieing to myself about how much I miss it. I thought I would be fine without it for a little while - until I had my job down and a year of teaching under my belt - then I might pick it up again for fun.

But recently I have become aware of how much not dancing is weighing on me. I am now to the point where I can't fall asleep and end up watching video after video of professional dancers or clips of "So You Think You Can Dance" on youtube. It keeps me up until ungodly hours. I was awake last night until 2:30 am. Tonight I went to bed at 10:00 pm and here I am still wide awake 3 hours later aching to be dancing.

Dance Insomnia - my new disease.

Today at church, one of my friends told me about some classes up in Salt Lake that she is going to this summer. She invited me to come along and I can't wait. I have already looked up all the specifics online and it looks like the classes are already going. I've toyed with the idea of going this week! And now Thursday seem like forever away. The day I get old and gray and have to stop dancing with be the saddest day of my life.

1 comment:

recover and thrive said...

I think its ok to be addicted to dance- dance is awesome....just keep a balance...